Dartmouth and the South Hams is a great area if you want to eat out, but it’s also a great source of food ingredients and products too. Apart from all the restaurants (see other posts in this blog), there are many other event and opportunities to sample and buy this fantastic variety of foods around Dartmouth. Here is a selection of local food events:
Regular Food Fairs
- Totnes Good Food Sunday from 10-15:00 on 3rd Sunday each month in the square – don’t bother having breakfast before you go! Try taking the boat from Dartmouth to Totnes
- Love Food events at the Dartington Cider Press Centre just north of Totnes.
- There are regular farmers markets in most towns, including Dartmouth, which is every 2nd Saturday in the month. There is, of course, a regular market in Dartmouth too, in the market square.
Annual Food Festivals
- Dartmouth’s own Food Festival is in October – talks and demos by local chefs and producers, and lots to eat!
- Taste of the West food fair – also at Dartington at Whitsun
- Fishstock Brixham – Seafood and music
- South Devon Crab Month – as number of events around the area
- Further afield: Exeter Festival of South West Food And Drink – usually in April
For more information on food events in the area, see VisitDevon
Click on the “Follow” button at the bottom right for further blog updates >>